TPT store


The TPT store has been such a help to me in my lessons, as well as an inspiration for my own creative approach to learning, that I thought I would start to share my own creations.  
Here is a link to one of my recent creations.  


(SAMPLE IMAGE/NOT WHOLE PRODUCT)


And now onto a rant...

UGH persuasive writing!  I have put it off for long enough, having gracefully lead my students through blossoming as creative and expressive writers.  And now...here comes the boring and overly structured lessons.  Blah.  

Okay, so it's no secret that I detest persuasive writing, but on a more optimistic note, I put together what I think will be a helpful graphic organizer for my students and I am hopeful for it being a help to them.

I also downloaded the courtroom clip from Legally Blonde to get the persuasive juices flowing and encite some excitement for this writing unit.  

If anyone has any further ideas for movie clips, song lyrics, speeches, or honestly anything to liven up the bleary unit, please feel free to comment and let me know!  I am so open to feedback and suggestions.  

Oh yeah, and ....Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

Comments

  1. I don't have any good ideas for you-sorry- because I STILL have not taught persuasive writing YET. :)

    I'm ending our poetry unit next week and will then be teaching the persuasive. Hoping for great things!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST found and read your comment now. Thanks Shannon! Our district does a "Poetry Lounge" in the library next week, so after state testing, it's like poetry boot-camp in our school-but in a good way. I'd love to hear about any of your poetry ideas!

    I'm sure you're already done with persuasive, but I found that easing my kids into it with persuasive commercials and learning the three appeals in an interactive way made them (at least) understand why we persuade a lot more. The structure of the writing was definitely tricky though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment