First Post! (Back to School ramblings)


So this is my very first blog post!  I have found so many teaching blogs with such creative ideas via Pinterest this summer and became inspired to create my very own.  Be patient please, because I’m still so new to this whole world of blogging. 

I am a middle school teacher that wears many hats!  I teach Special Education and spend part of my day assisting students in mainstream classes.  I also teach English/Language Arts classes.  I went to school for English and so this subject is my true passion, however I am enjoying working to help students succeed when mainstreamed.  It’s also fun to observe other teachers and how they teach…as classroom teachers, how often do any of us get to do this??? 

This summer has been an exciting one.  My little classroom that had disgustingly old carpets last year has now transitioned to so-sparkling-clean-you-could-eat-off-them tile floors.  It is amazing what new floors can do!  I only have one window in the room, which causes it to feel cave-like sometimes.  Thankfully the floors brighten it up a bit.  I also went with a beach theme and bright blues and greens this year.  That also brightens up the room.  I had a group of my lovely recent 8th grade graduates come back and help me set up the classroom last week.  We got a lot done, but there’s still so much more left.  I will take pics to post when I get back into my room next week. 

Now in addition to classroom set-up, I’ve got to start my lesson plans for Language Arts.  Does everyone plan for the first month or two or just the first week?  I never stick to the plans I make when I do plan for the month.  Still, I suppose it’s good to have a plan of some-sort, right? 
(Btw, one of my fave. quotes is from Of Mice and Men….Even the best laid plans go awry…so true!)

Comments

  1. Thank you for following my blog. I look forward to reading your adventures!

    I lesson plan for every day. We are required to do so, but I admit I do not always stick to them.

    Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment