Feeling the love...


Merry Christmas to all!   
On this particular holiday, I certainly felt the love!  My students are all so good this yeareven the ones that can be a little bit bad sometimes

The kids worked really, really hard for me in the past month (even in the week before Christmas) and so, on the last day, we partied hard!   Lots of snacks were flowing, I treated each kid to a little goodie bag, and brought in the frowned-upon candy!

I received many little trinkets for gifts and this one particular handmade card

 It's the little things that make me happy!  And when working with students that truly appreciate you, you want to work hard for them! I am looking forward to a terrific rest of the school year, but for now a restful break.  Since I started a mini-writing unit on Feature Articles, my classes will be working on typing when we return.  

Following that, I will introduce the Holocaust with some non-fiction readings and then start the novel, Number the Stars.

Also, I know this is soooo premature, but I am getting a little tired of my "beachy" classroom and am brainstorming on some ideas for next year.  IF anyone has any cute suggestions for a small classroom that needs some colorful, yet middle school appropriate decor, please let me know!  

Comments