Monday Made It

After a week away, I've finally been home enough to post a #Mondaymadeit!  Yay!
So while out tubing the Delaware River with friends, my one friend's significant other asked me "What do you DO all summer?"  It was odd.  I DO so much, but it was hard to really explain all of it to him.  I went for the fall-back line..."Well I am taking five graduate courses this summer." To my benefit, this is true and while they are online, it is still some work.  But not literally a whole summer


Eventually, our conversation flowed and said friend's boyfriend actually stated that teachers do the work of a whole calendar year fit into one school year, (I know ...Wow, right?!?) where I piped in "and then some".  Soon after,  when I was debating over whether or not to bore him about my "summer projects", I  came upon a solid explanation of what teachers DO in the summer.
Summer for teachers is best described as a time to catch up on everything we've wanted to do over the school year but never had time to do.  This encompasses doctor appointments, going to the gym or dieting, cleaning, seeing family/friends, and -of course!- projects.

The first project has been on my mind for months!  It is Pinspired!  I know- it is a thing and yes I said it! ;)  When the summer started, I found some plain scraps of fabric in the colors I wanted from my mom's basement and went to Walmart for a coordinating patterned scrap.  After a month of fabric sitting in that gray, plastic Walmart bag, I found some time and motivation to start.  It was easier than I thought and I love it! (This is the door to the backyard from my kitchen, which is a yellow/mustard color theme.)

My next project is a little simpler.  I don't back to school until September and still don't know my full schedule, but since we are moving towards block scheduling this year, I thought a color-coded schedule would help!  It makes me happy just looking at it! =)  

FYI: this was started from a form included in the Ultimate Teacher Binder. 

 So that's it for this week's Monday Made It.  
Hopefully I'll have more school projects to share next week. (I am totally jealous of those bloggers who are allowed back in their classrooms!  I am itching to get back into mine.)

Happy Monday to everyone! 


Comments

  1. cute curtain idea! love your explanation of how we have to do everything over the summer....crafty time! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment