Back to School Sale and Essay Organizers


Just putting it out there...my store is on sale for the next two days! 

Some of the products that I am most proud of and have worked well for me are my essay graphic organizers.  Instead of a graphic organizer for brainstorming, I actually have students write their whole essay within these.  After a good amount of use (and depending on the student) students tend to "phase out" of using these graphic organizers and are capable of just writing in their notebooks.  

The whole process of using (and then not using) these organizers looks like this:


1. Students start to use organizer and are still confused

2. Students have "aha" moment and "get" the organizer
3. Students "get" the essay
4. Students confidently use organizer to write essays
5. Students begin writing essays in notebooks, but still refer to organizer (both blank and past essays)
6. Students write essays confidently and independently


Step 6 makes my heart happy as I know the work put into it.  I highly recommend using this scaffolding process (even if it is not my personal product) if you have students with IEPS or students who are slower to grasp writing concepts. 







Want to try out one of my essay organizers?  Check it out at my store and click the link below.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Blurbs-From-The-Blue-Chalkboard

Comments